(Halal) Lamb 1kg
Spinach 1kg (frozen or tinned)
Onions 3 medium sized
Vegetable Oil 300ml
Salt 2 tsp
Chili Powder 3 tsp
Tomato 1 tin (crushed)
Ginger 2 inch cube
Garlic 6 cloves
Turmeric 0.5 tsp
Cumin Powder 1 tsp
Fresh Coriander 0.5 bunch (Chopped)
1) Place the Spinach in a saucepan with one finely chopped Onion. Add 50ml of Vegetable Oil, 0.5 tsp of Salt, 0.5 tsp Chili Powder and let the mix boil until the water evaporates. Once the Spinach is cooked leave it the side.
2) In another large saucepan add the remaining Oil, Chopped Onions and Tomatoes. Cook until lightly brown. Add the remaining Salt and Chili Powder, Ginger, Garlic, Turmeric, Cumin and gently fry until the oil separates and rises to the surface of the mash.
3) Add the Lamb and cook until the Lamb is dry.
4) Add the Water and cook until the Lamb is tender. (One hour at least).
5) Once the Lamb is cooked, add the Spinach. Stir well, add the fresh Coriander and simmer gently for ten minutes. Serve.